Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Such is the kammic inclination

Recently there was a short, private discussion about how the human characteristics and inclination will lead one towards what we are more inclined to. And sure enough, the kammic forces is just like that.

When I was traveling in a public bus recently (long distance), who would occupy the seat in front of me other than a Theravadian monk. I didn't know who he is, he is very likely to be a Thai monk from the Siamese language he used over the phone.

My journey is far, an overnight journey. When morning came, the bus stopped at a rest area where everyone went down to have some breakfast. I took the chance to do dana, getting some waffles and a bottle of dragon fruit juice. Everyone stared at me as I knelt down at the food court and presented my dana to the monk.

It was just a few days ago that I was not too happy, not being able to do dana in commemoration to dad's death anniversary. But I got to do that after thinking about it. That is the kammic force, my inclination, my desire...or whatever you choose to call it, that gave me the opportunity to fulfill my wishes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?